A collection of my posts about places to see beyond Bologna: wander around Emilia-Romagna.
- Trekking near Bologna: Prati di Mugnano and Monte Mario - Venture beyond Bologna's historic city center to discover the lovely natural landscapes surrounding the city.
- Stamperia Marchi: Keeping Alive the Tradition of Textile Hand Printing from Romagna - True Made in Italy: discover an artisan workshop from the 17th century carrying on the tradition of hand printing on fabric from Romagna.
- The Riviera Romagnola: Miles of Beaches, With History in the Background - The ultimate beach destination in Emilia-Romagna is the ever-charming Riviera Romagnola.
- A Journey through Verdi’s Homeland - For the bicentennial of Giuseppe Verdi's birth, celebrated on October 10, 2013, here's my article for BBC Travel, exploring the strong connection the legendary opera composer felt to his homeland of Emilia his entire life.
- A Day Trip to Modena - Located on the south side of the Po Valley in Emilia-Romagna, Modena is a small and ancient town synonymous with balsamic vinegar, Lambrusco wine and cars, easily reached in half an hour from Bologna.
- Il Mulino del Dottore: Making Organic Bread at a 17th-Century Mill - Visit a 17th century mill in the hills south-west of Bologna still in use to make all-natural delicious bread and pastry.