[Photo: Basilica of San Luca, a symbol of Bologna and a beloved sight to the Bolognesi, who, upon seeing it from the freeway, know they have arrived home. Local tidbits you can learn if you take a guided tour or book a travel consulting session with me!]
I work closely with a licensed tour guide for Bologna and Emilia-Romagna, Micol Mazzeo (read my interview with her here). Together, we can arrange the itinerary that best suits your interests.
See a couple of sample tours below:
DESIGN & FOOD TOUR
A custom tour for those who:
– love design and want to discover the “Made in BO”;
– want to discover the most interesting places in Bologna, where ancient art and modern creativity meet;
– want to appreciate the foodie heart of Bologna as well as its rich cultural and artistic heritage.
The tour departs from the modern city, near the railway station, in the first public park, the Montagnola, and proceeds to the medieval center, through the former Jewish ghetto, today the site of craft shops, showrooms and fashionable hangout places.
The guide, expert in design, will narrate the city and show how its historical roots, food culture, respect for the environment and craftsmanship make Bologna a unique place.
Price: €130 (total for two/four people). Duration: approx. 3 hours.
Discovering Bologna through tales of food!
You will learn about the rich culinary history of Bologna while browsing the Mercato delle Erbe (produce market), recently renovated with the addition of trendy bars and delicious restaurants, and the Quadrilatero area, site of the old medieval market, where traditional shops selling local specialties abound. Tips and recommendations on what and where to buy. The itinerary will end inside Bologna’s oldest “osteria”, dating to the 15th century, where you can buy a bottle of wine and taste the products you bought in the market.
Price: €130 (total for two/four people). If you want to add two guided tastings during the tour, please add €20 per person. Duration: approx. 3 hours.
Here’s a review from a happy customer:
“The tour of Bologna with Silvia and Micol was one of the highlights of my trip to Italy! They showed my daughter and I a wonderful time while sharing just the right amount of history and current information about the city. They designed a custom tour for me and my daughter – combining historical sights, fantastic architecture, fun facts, food, art and shopping. I left the tour wishing that I could spend every day with them. They were a delight to be with and they are full of information that every visitor to Bologna should be so lucky to enjoy.”
– Liz Biber, Los Angeles, California
If you’re interested in booking a private or group tour, write me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I offer one-hour travel consulting sessions via Skype to help you plan your trip in Bologna and around Emilia-Romagna. I know it can be overwhelming and time-consuming to navigate and select all the information that is available online; wouldn’t it be nice to have your trip mapped out in an hour?
Why you should book a travel consulting session with me:
– I’m a local. I was born and raised in Bologna and still live here. I can tell you not just about the must-see sights, but also about gems known only to the locals.
– I love traveling and keep exploring my region regularly so I can share my latest discoveries with you.
– I have experience in the travel industry, having worked as a travel consultant for a U.S. tour operator, Visit Italy Tours, where I planned trips to Italy for American travelers.
– I share tips on great places to see, stay and eat I’ve all experienced and enjoyed for myself.
– I love talking about my region! And I love it even more when travelers enjoy their visit to my region 🙂
When you contact me, please give me an idea of what you’re most interested in seeing/doing so we can make the most of our chat time.
Cost of 1-hour travel consulting session: €50, payable via Pay Pal.
If you’d like to book a travel consulting session with me, please write me at email@example.com.